The following instructions will allow you to perform the work and test that everything is working before you switch to the new server.
1. Copy the Atrex Database Server folder from the old server to the new server adjusting for any difference in paths based on differences in operating systems (i.e., the Atrex database server is a 32bit application and on a 64bit OS, should be installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" rather than "C:\Program Files\" to function correctly).
2. Copy the Atrex Central folder from the old server to the new server using the same path. If a different path is used, the database server configuration must be updated.
3. Create the Atrex Data folder on the new server using the same path. If a different path is used, the database server configuration must be updated in step 7.
4. Create the folder Backup directly below the data folder.
5. Copy a backup from the old server and place that backup in the Backup folder on the new server.
6. Download the Atrex database server application from the client center (https://www.1000years.com/ClientCenter/login.aspx) and install on the new server into the folder that you copied from the old server.
7. Open the Atrex Database Server administrator and configure it to create the required database entries if they did not copy over. If you only have one database, it's best to use the New Server option under the Quick Setup menu.
8. On one of the workstations, start Atrex and edit the reports/central location (Options - Locations - Reports/Central Location) and modify the "Remote Host" field to point to the new server. Click the "Select Database" button and you should see a list of the available databases. If you do not, the new server is not accessible (e.g., firewall blocking port 12010).
9. Go to Options - Locations - Data Location, select the data location, and confirm that you are accessing the new server. There is no data present on the new server so you should be prompted to enter company information.
10. Go to Options - Backup/Restore - Restore and click "Select File". You should only see the one backup you previously copied from the old server. Select the file and restore the data.
11. Test the data to confirm that existing transactions can be edited and new transactions created.
12. Edit the workstation reports/central location and set the "Remote Host" back to the old server then select the data location and confirm that you are working on the old server (e.g., check that a transaction created on new server is not present).
Once you are ready to move to the new server, follows these steps:
13. Exit Atrex on all but one workstation.
14. On the one workstation with Atrex still open, perform a backup, copy that file to the new server, then exit Atrex on that workstation.
15. Rename and turn off the old server.
16. Rename the new server to the same name as the old server was previously and restart the server.
17. Start Atrex on one of the workstations then go to Options - Backup/Restore - Restore and select the backup just performed on the old server.
Note that steps 15 and 16 are intended to eliminate the need to modify any settings on the workstations. If you do not wish to the rename your servers, the reports/central location for each workstations must be edited to point to the new server. Also, if you have multiple data locations, the steps for the data locations must be repeated for each data location.
Applies to Atrex 13, Atrex 14, Atrex 15, Atrex 16, and Atrex 17