The following are instructions for upgrading your Atrex installation to Atrex 18 if you are using a direct connection to the data.
The install file needed for steps 3 and 6 as well as your registration key (step 5) can be obtained from the Client Center
- Make 2 separate backups of your Atrex data, one to the hard drive and one to some type of removable media. This can be done from inside Atrex under Options - Backup/Restore - Backup.
- Close Atrex on all computers.
- On the first computer, install Atrex 18 directly over top of your previous Atrex installation.
- Start Atrex and when prompted, start the data conversion. Allow the data conversion to complete before continuing further. Make sure Atrex is NOT started on any other systems until the conversion is complete.
- Install Atrex 18 on the remaining computers.
If you are upgrading from Atrex 13, you will need to make some change to the email settings in Atrex. In Atrex 13 and older the email setup was entered on each workstation. This is no longer the case in Atrex 18. There’s now a global email configuration as well as individual user configurations. If you were previously using MAPI to send email from inside Atrex, or if you weren’t sending email from inside Atrex, no changes are necessary. If you were using SMTP to send email from inside Atrex your email configuration must be re-entered. Enter the global configuration under Options – Company Setup / Customization – Company Information and Settings – Email tab. Optionally, enter individual user configurations under User – Edit User/Group.